The purpose of this document is to inform California / Californian residents of Our status with regards to the California Consumer Privacy Act (2018). Also referred to as: CCPA.
It is outside the scope of this article / document to explain here every detail but to provide a summary of the California Consumer Privacy Act (2018).
While downtownsanfrancis.co does not specifically target California as a State, or specifically target California / Californian Residents, We appreciate that some visitors to downtownsanfrancis.co will, or may, be residents of California.
You will be expressly requested and required to agree to this Document in order to register on downtownsanfrancis.co
Upon logging-in to downtownsanfrancis.co You will also be required to review and agree to this document at least once every 90 days. If 90 days has passed since Your last indication of Agreement when You Log-in You will not be able to proceed past the Edit-Profile page until Your agreement is made.
- downtownsanfrancis.co is operated and administered from within the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UK);
- downtownsanfrancis.co is hosted on a webserver within the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UK);
This website is equally referred to as:
- DowntownSanFrancis.co and / or
- each with or without the preceeding www
The California Consumer Privacy Act (2018) is a state statute intended to enhance Privacy rights and Consumer protection for residents of the state of California, United States of America (U.S.A).
The California Consumer Privacy Act (2018) was passed by the California State Legislature and signed into law on June 28th, 2018 and went into effect on January 1st, 2020.
The intention of the California Consumer Privacy Act (2018) is to provide California residents with the right to:
- Know what personal data is being collected about them;
- Know whether their personal data is sold or disclosed and to whom;
- Say "no" to the sale of personal data;
- Access their personal data;
- Request a business to delete any personal information about a consumer collected from that consumer;
- Not be discriminated against for exercising their privacy rights;
The California Consumer Privacy Act (2018) defines personal information as:
- Information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address, account name, social security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
The California Consumer Protection Act (2018) does not consider Publicly Available Information as personal.
In the context of "alias", DowntownSanFrancis.co believes that your chosen Username could potentially be construed as an "Alias" - it is what you want to be referred to as on DowntownSanFrancis.co
Each DowntownSanFranicis.co username is unique to one individual.
An IP address (Internet Protocol address) on its own with no other data - does not, and cannot, identify an individual.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (2018) applies to any business, including any for-profit entity that collects consumers' personal data, which carries out business in California, and satisfies at least one of the following:
- Has annual gross revenues in excess of $25 million;
- Buys, receives, or sells the personal information of 50,000 or more consumers or households;
- Earns more than half of its annual revenue from selling consumers' personal information;
The California Consumer Protection Act (2018) will apply to any for-profit United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UK) business entity which:
- Undertakes business in California;
- Collects, or tells others to collect, personal information of consumers who are resident in California;
The table below tells you Yes or No as to whether downtownsanfrancis.co does the following
|Does DowntownSanFrancis.co have an annual gross revenue in excess of $25 million ?||No|
|Does DowntownSanFrancis.co buy, receive, or sell - the personal information of any consumers or households ?||No|
|Does DowntownSanFrancis.co earn more than half of our annual revenue from selling consumers' personal information ?||No|
|Does DowntownSanFrancis.co undertake business in California ?||No|
|Does DowntownSanFrancis.co collect, or tell/ask others to collect personal information of consumers who are resident in California ?||No|
|Does DowntownSanFrancis.co buy, sell, trade, exchange, offer free gratis, or ask for from third parties - any Personal Information ?||No|
|Google Adsense advertising:
Google will only show non-personalised advertisements on DowntownSanFrancis.co to eligible users in California.
Non-personalised advertisements are based on contextual information, such as the content of DowntownSanFrancis.co
|Does DowntownSanFrancis.co collect your name and/or an alias when you register ?||Yes|
|Does DowntownSanFrancis.co collect your email address when you register ?||Yes|
|Does DowntownSanFrancis.co supply details / information on any person, or business, where We are required to do so under the Law(s) of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UK)?||Yes|
DowntownSanFrancis.co may, from time-to-time, display 'text only' and / or 'image only' and / or 'text and image' advertisements. These are not specifically targeting California or residents of California but may be shown displaying prices in United States of America Dollars ($, US$, USD). Such advertisements that We place on this website will be displayed globally / worldwide.
This article was reviewed on: 08th January 2021.
This article was updated on: 08th January 2021.
This article was originally written on: 01st January 2021, and may be reviewed / updated at any time.